Sunday, January 17, 2010

a good week





He and Baron are interacting so much more lately, they are constantly following each other and Darren loves handing the dog toys and then waiting for Baron to give them back to him, they really are attached at the hip these days.

He laughs every time he sees the blog about the singing card and we wind up watching it like ten times in a row!


helping mommy with the laundry


The state of California has this really cool benefit called birth bonding time, in which a new mother and father are allotted up to six weeks in addition to your maternity leave to "bond" with your baby. This time has to be taken before the baby is one years old and they pay a little over half your regular wages. I have chosen to take the four weeks before Darren turns one to take advantage of this. This past week was my first one with him and it was great. It is so much fun to be home with him all day.

To be here for every nap and every meal has be incredible and makes me realize how much I'm missing when I'm at work. I am going to thoroughly enjoy this time with my little guy.

3 comments:

  1. Sure Cindy is enjoying the time with Darren. Seeing all the little things that can be so excieting and bonding. But Grandma is NOT having Darren time, I need my Darren fix.

    I think Grandma Munro feels the same way !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma Munro definately had Darren withdraws last week and was needing a Darren fix badly. I hear you Mona loud and clear. I will make the sacrifice so Cindy can enjoy her little sweetheart but it sure was hard not having him here. I am addicted to his smile and am glad you posted some sweet pictures Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss that little cutie. Give him a kiss from Auntie Julie.

    ReplyDelete