Friday, December 23, 2011

"but I caught him!"

So the other day as I was strapping Darren into his car seat leaving Grammy's house, the ice cream man drove by (why is there even an ice cream man driving around December 22nd in 45 degree weather!). Darren instantly was like " ice cream truck, Mommy Sponge Bob ice cream, ice cream truck". Luckily it was driving in the other direction so I told him he was going home and he was driving too fast for us because we weren't even in the car seat completely. He fussed a little but was ok as we drove away.
As luck would have it, the ice cream truck had taken side streets and pulled in front of us a couple blocks up. Darren of course sees him and says "Mommy Mommy ice cream truck". I politely tried to tell him no and that he didn't have anymore ice cream and that's why he was on his way home. Darren, in his super cute little voice, says "but but I caught him Mommy, I caught him" and that's why I had to follow an ice cream truck for almost two miles on the main streets until he went back into a residential neighborhood when I could stop him and I would do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment